Re: [G-I] Indic and arabic fonts; which are best?

>> > I second the fact that Arabic font should be bigger.
>>
>> Making fonts bigger for a specific language is not a problem with the
>> localechooser patch that Hidetaka posted: just remember that we're gonna
>> soon switch from 800x600 to 640x480 and so fonts that now may seem too
>> small may later look too big.
>
>Wasn't cairo supposed to give a mechanism to deal with that? (i.e.:
>proportional stuff instead of absolute?)

ATM my main concern is having fonts for _all_ languages living happily together;
until then focusing on this matters might lead to wasting time.
Anyway it would be useful to explore such possibilities (cairo tweaks / localchooser
hacks) so that we'll be ready to operate properly once we got all the right
fonts files.

just my 2 cents

ciao,
Davide

TISCALI ADSL Web&Mail
Solo con Tiscali Adsl navighi e telefoni senza canone Telecom a partire da
14,95 Euro/mese. Attivala subito!
Per te 500 MB inclusi per navigare, inviare e ricevere messaggi e-mail, foto
ed mp3.
http://abbonati.tiscali.it/adsl/sa/2wam_tc/