Re: Marvell SATA Driver

On Friday 20 January 2006 07:15, Vaibhav Agrawal wrote:
> I know the problem here is the SATA controller which is Marvell
> (Adaptec) 4-port / 8-port SATA Driver (Hercules-II), I can install
> Windows 2003 Server after downloading and installing addition drivers
> from Supermicro website.

The problem is that you need a more recent kernel than 2.6.8 that shipped
with Sarge. You will need to find out what kernel version supports your
controller.

One option is to install using the Etch Beta1 (uses 2.6.12) or daily (uses
2.6.15) installation images. Both will install an Etch system (not Sarge)
which currently has a 2.6.12 kernel (although with some manual
intervention you could install a 2.6.15 kernel from unstable).
We are working on an Etch Beta2 release that will use 2.6.15 for the
installed system as well.

There are also some unofficial installation CDs around that can install
Sarge with a 2.6.12 kernel (or maybe even more recent kernels), but these
are not supported and I don't have links available.

Cheers,
FJP