Re: New, easy, way to create preseeded install image

On 1/17/06, Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:

> What does the /opt/LinuxCOE/bin/LinuxCOE-final program do?

It's not clear to me that it does anything useful.  Inside of HP it
sets up certain specific customizations, but I expect it to fail on
this public version.  Like Chris said, some of this stuff still needs
to be tweaked.  Thanks for pointing it out, I'll see about getting rid
of it if necessary.

On 1/17/06, Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> Maybe make it clear that "Debian 3.2" is actually a beast which is not
> an official release of Debian.

Understood.  We need a version number to reference within the cgi, so
it's 3.2 for now.  I suggested 3.1++ personally.  :)

> I'm not sure either that the boot image choices ("Debian Preseed ISO"
> and "support for etch") are very clear right now. I don't really
> figure out the difference myself..

Ditto.  I'll check with the project lead and see why he put that in.
"Preseed ISO" should be the correct choice in the long run as it
matches the other distros/versions choices -- the other probably snuck
in there during an early test run.

Thanks for the feedback,

 Paul.

--
Paul Telford | paul@droflet.net | www.droflet.net
"The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional