Re: kbd-chooser question

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 02:54:46PM +0000, Tomas Frydrych wrote:
> I am looking for source of the code that kbd-chooser uses to detect
> keyboard layout from the user pressing some keys;

This is an Ubuntu-specific modification at the moment, so debian-boot@
isn't a very good place to mail. (I think Tollef's now working on
getting it in good enough shape to put in Debian, though. Up until very
recently it required a bunch of custom hacks to cdebconf, which I
accepted in Ubuntu because I didn't have any alternative but which I
didn't want to inflict on Debian.)

> I see in the package debconf template that the particular menu entry
> has a custom type 'detect-keyboard' but I could not work out what gets
> called when the user selects this option

Part of it's in the cdebconf source package, mostly src/detect_keys.*
(in the Ubuntu development branch, it's a separate cdebconf-keystep
source package, as part of the above cleanup), and there's a keymapper
package that deals with building the decision tree.

Cheers,