Re: S/390 install cd image?

Adam Thornton declared on Friday 08 July 2005 09:37 am:
> On Jul 8, 2005, at 4:20 AM, Frans Pop wrote:
> > (CCing this thread to the debian-boot list as that is where
> > installer development is coordinated)
> >

> If "Boot from CD" on G6 and earlier machines is simply treating it
> like a 3422 tape device, then all you would need is an appropriate
> TDF definition, such as

<snip>

I just looked at how it was done on redhat... I downloaded RH7.1 ISOs to
take a look at.  The relevant files are posted up at:
http://computer-refuge.org/deb-s390/rh71-s390/

So, you point the SE's "boot from CDROM/server" option at the redhat.ins
file in the above directory, which looks like it lists file names and
memory addresses to load them at.  From what I see, it looks like the
three files (kernel, initrd, and parmfile) are basically the same as
what's used on a tape-based install.

Pat
--
Purdue University Research Computing --  http://www.itap.purdue.edu/rcac