Re: GTK frontend: call for testing the directframebuffer environment

Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:
> actually all those snapshot were taken on an X environment: up till some
> weeks ago X was the only working environment where the gtk frontend
> could be run.
> Anyway Mike Emmel has managed to insert directframebuffer support inside
> gtk 2.7 and Davide Viti has precompiled those gtkdfb libs
>
> https://debian.polito.it/downloads/dfb_2.7.0-3.tgz

I tried this. Have to load d-i modules first to get libpthread. Then I
ran ghello. It failed to bring up graphics, error was:

FBDev: No supported modes found in /etc/fb.modes and current mode mot supported!

/etc/fb.modes does not exist... any idea what I can try to get this to
work?

--
see shy jo