Re: d-i-bugs and d-i-commits lists

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 02:36:17PM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Wouter Verhelst (wouter@debian.org):
>
> > Uh, commit mails are already separate from debian-boot@l.d.o -- they're
> > sent to debian-installer_cvs@packages.qa.debian.org, i.e., they go
> > through the PTS.
> >
> > What's the gain of creating a specific mailing list?
>
> As a first approximation, I would say archives but I'm unsure whether
> there are some on packages.qa.d.o

uh, svn log?

> This was a conclusion from the meeting. The list you mention was
> mentioned:

> 16:38 < joeyh> debian-installer_cvs@packages.qa.debian.org
> 16:38 < joeyh> we could probably stand to gate that to a better list
> 16:39 < bubulle> joeyh: yep. So I request for two lists?
> 16:39 < joeyh> more people reading commit messages would be good

IOW, the fact that commit mails are sent out would seem to gain from
more exposure. This could indeed be done by creating a new list; but
advertising the PTS setup would help, too.

Oh well, it's not as if I care very much. I'll just have to move my
subscription from the PTS to an alioth mailing list :-)

pavement is precisely one bananosecond