Re: Is "preseeding the root password with a MD5 hash" an interesting feature for d-i?

Christian Perrier wrote:
> This seems an interesting option to me and I intend to have the shadow
> team working on it.
>
> Do my fellow d-i team members share this opinion and think it's worth
> working on this?

Unlike pere I don't consider putting a md5 hash in a preseed file safe,
at least if the file is sent over the network. It can still be
intercepted and then cracking it is only a matter of cpu time. Beware
the false sense of security this may engender in users.

--
see shy jo