Re: [D-I] Test out the new Debian Installer with localechooser

Quoting Joey Hess (joeyh@debian.org):
> Christian Perrier wrote:
> > -easier preseeding: the language/country/locale settings can be easily
> > preseeded by using "preseed/locale". Example:
> > preseed/locale=fr_FR.UTF-8 will skip all language/country/locale
> > screens, preseed/locale=fr will skip the language screen and so on...
> > No more ugly preseeding of language/country.
>
> I've been meaning to ask you, is there some reason why you recommend
> using preseed/locale for preseeding, but the README says lowmem should
> preseed languagechooser/language-name and debian-installer/locale? I
> don't understand why you need a separate variable for preseeding or why
> lowmem shouldn't use the same preseeding as anything else.
>
> Does this look like it might work to allow debian-installer/locale to be
> used for preseeding?

I have to admit that I don't really remember why, but my first
attempts to use debian-installer/locale lead to some failure cases in
situations I honestly don't remember..:-)

This is why I first decided to separate things and use a special
variable just to avoid mixing things too much.

But, of course, you're right that debian-installer/localewould be
better.

Anothr reason I remember was that "preseed/locale" is shorter..:-)