Re: How to build kernel for PXE network install?

On Wednesday 01 June 2005 17:07, Major A wrote:
> Can someone please tell me where I can find the kernel configuration
> for the 2.6.8 kernel that's used in the Debian Installer PXE images?
> I've had no success finding it so far, I even tried the
> extract-ikconfig script in a last desperate attempt.

Have you tried looking if the module you need is available (switch to VT2
and look under /lib/modules/<kernel version/... If so, have you tried to
modprobe it manually?

The kernel configuration is exactly the same as the default kernel
configuration in the 2.6.8 kernel-image packages.
Note however that not all modules may be included in packages used by the
installer, although I very much doubt that is the problem in your case.

On possibility is that your system just needs a newer version of the
driver than was available in 2.6.8.

We hope to be able to present installation images using 2.6.11 kernels
fairly soon after Sarge is released.

Cheers,
FJP