Re: Making English the default on serial console installs

* Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> [2005-02-13 15:21]:
> > A user just reminded me that this is still broken.  There was a patch
> > in #263137 but apparently this broke something else.  In the absence
> > of a working patch, can we make English the default on serial console
> > installs and not let users choose something else?
>
> With localechooser, yes..:-). It currently tests for the framebuffer
> and shows only Latin-1 languages if it is not available. There is room
> for more improvements in that area, for instance showing only
> ASCII-based languages if the terminal if SACII only.
>
> With languagechooser, this needs to hack it down so that it skips the
> language question for serial installs....more or less the same way
> that lowmem does.

I'm not quite sure which one is localechooser and languagechooser, but
I suppose languagechooser is used and someone has to fix it to skip
that question on serial console installs.  I can only confirm that
it's still broken... maybe someone can fix it.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/