Re: Difficulty upgrading kernel on LVM/software RAID-1 system

On Tuesday 11 January 2005 11:59, dbruce@tampabay.rr.com wrote:
> > Use the --initrd option with the make-kpkg command.
>
> Thanks, I finally got time to try that, but it wasn't the whole fix.
> Even though I selected everything in the lvm/raid section when
> configuring the kernel, dpkg (really mkinitrd) would fail to create the
> initrd.img when installing the kernel image package, saying "kernel
> does not support lvm".

The question is if mkinitrd is supposed to autodetect this or if it is
something the user needs to configure.
I suspect the error occurs because you compiled in lvm support in the
kernel while some mkinitrd config file still had a setting that the
initrd needs support for lvm.
Suggest you try to find if such a setting exists and change it.

Cheers,
FJP