Re: USB keyboard not working on a cinema display/cube

On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 06:59:38PM +0100, Nicolas Jungers wrote:
> Le 31 déc. 04, à 00:24, Sven Luther a écrit :
>
> >On Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 07:11:34PM +0100, Nicolas Jungers wrote:
> >>hi,
> >>the sarge-powerpc-netinst.iso fail to activate my keyboard when
> >>connected to the display. It's true of the RC2 version and of the
> >>daily/powerpc/20041226/ version.
> >
> >Can you look in /proc/bus/usb/devices if it shows up or something, and
> >post us
> >a lsmod output. May be tricky without keyboard though :) Maybe using
> >the
> >network-console and some presseding may help here ?
>
> I dunno how to do that on a Mac. What I did was plugin two keyboards,

Yeah, that was the other solution.

> one on the cube, the other on the cinema display, and both didn't
> respond.

but if you plug only one into the cube, it is ok ? Can you try pluging the
keyboard in the cube, go upto partman, and then add the display keyboard and
look at /proc/bus/usb/devices (or lsusb or whatever output ?)

> Now, I tryed the installer because my system wasn't comming up after a
> kernel upgrade. Going from 2.6.7 to 2.6.8 makes the hotplug stall.

I bet you are not using the debian kernel though, right ?

> If you send me instructions I can try to dig further.

Well, let's hope the above works. If not we can try a
preseeding+network-console trick, but it is more involved.

Friendly,

Sven Luther