Re: debian haha

Quoting Christian.VonFaber@t-online.de (Christian.VonFaber@t-online.de):
> Sorgen Sie mal dafür, dass man Debian einfach installieren und benutzen
> kann!
> Am prompt funktioniert ja nicht einmal "shutdown". Keiner verrät einem, wie
> man kde startet. Solange das so ist, bleibt uns nichts anderes übrig als
> WINDWOS.

Please make your best for reporting problems in English in Debian
lists as not all developers are able to read and understand German.

>From my old German classes, I read and understand you seem to have
problems in finding the way to properly stop your machine.

The right command is "shutdown -h now" while being logged as root.

You're also asking how to start the graphical interface : there are
many ways to do so : startx is the simplest, while being logged with
your normal account.

Installing a graphical login manager would imho be a good idea : you
may do this as well as install a full desktop system by using the
"tasksel" tool and choose "Desktop Environment" (or whatever the
German equivalent will have been).

Such questions more pertain to debian-user, indeed...and the tone you
seem to have put in your mail (from what I unerstand...I may be wrong)
is likely to bring you more flames than constructive answers..:-).