Re: D-I Manual -- Status update

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 02:17:55PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> New translations
> ================
> A new translation for Tagalog has been started recently.
> Googling recently unexpectedly turned up a fully translated simplified
> Chinese translation of the manual [7].

> Translations that need update
> =============================
> Japanese:   32 out of date; 2 missing
> Spanish:    35 out of date; 2 missing
> Catalan:    36 out of date; 2 missing
> Italian:    72 out of date; 2 missing
> Portuguese: 74 out of date; 2 missing
> Basque: 85 out of date; 2 missing; 2 with missing/wrong revision comments

> German, French, Japanese and Dutch are completely up-to-date.
> Czech only misses the most recent changes.

> Please try to keep your translations up-to-date. This is especially
> important for Portuguese and Spanish as these will be included on the
> Sarge CD's. The final build of d-i for Sarge still has to happen!

I'm afraid I've lost track of whether all of the languages that are included
on the CD are up-to-date wrt the rewrite of the manual for alpha, and there
doesn't seem to be an easy way to check.  I know that Spanish is up-to-date,
at least, which seems to leave Brazilian Portuguese as the only language on
the CDs that might not have a current alpha manual.  Is this close enough to
get alpha's status changed from "not-checked" to "checked"?  It doesn't seem
fair to penalize alpha users of other languages with a big doubt-inspiring
warning on account of a single translation that's lagging so far behind.

Thanks,
--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer