Re: Desktop task broken on !(i386/powerpc)

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 12:27:07PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Joerg Friedrich wrote:
> > Then we have no tool for the experienced user. Searching through a list
> > of more than 10000 Packages is no option.
>
> Perhaps you're not aware that aptitude allows browsing of the task
> contents and selecting/deselecting individual parts of a task?

Joeyh, this is no solution, and you perfectly know it. We need something a bit
more fine grained than the current tasks, which allow everyone to be happy,
without having to loose time fiddling through individual package lists in
aptitude. I admit that this is maybe not doable in sarge anymore, but this is
indeed a somewhat serious bug which would have been nice to be fixed.

Let's do it right for sarge+1.

Friendly,

Sven Luther