Re: Debian installer: partman-prep

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 08:44:21PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Anton Zinoviev wrote:
> > It would be wonderful if you can make partman-prep to work both on ppc
> > and hppa.  The partman-palo package does not have testers and if there
> > are only string differences between partman-palo and partman-prep then
> > it is better to maintain only one package.
>
> Actually I am able to test partman-palo, though I haven't yet gotten
> around to trying the unreleased version 3. If someone else is interested
> and lacks a hppa I can set you up with remote console access to one.

Am i right in thinking that partman-prep, like partman-palo, is supposed to
allow you to select a partition, and then use it as palo|prep boot partition ?

Somehow partman/partman-prep fails to do this here, and correctly conplains
afterward that there is no such prep-boot partition arround. It even doesn't
work if there is a prep partition installed by hand, altough you can bypass
the question and continue the install even then.

Friendly,

Sven Luther