Re: preseed/late_command Question

On Friday 30 December 2005 20:33, Anthony Awtrey wrote:
> We use a local forked copy of the Debian unstable branch as the
> foundation for our client desktops and every year or so I sync back up
> to the current unstable branch and reload our desktop boxes/laptops.
> I'm looking at doing another client roll-out in a couple of weeks and
> am now in the process of re-syncing our client installation to the
> current unstable branch and Debian installer.

One slight warning...
We have just finished some fairly invasive changes. Especially the recent
introduction of pkgsel and the whole situation around initrd generation
for 2.6 kernels (using either yaird ot initramfs-tools) is very fresh.

Although major problems seem solved now, we are still in the process of
testing and cleaning up minor issues.

There is one known issue where pkgsel will fail when Xorg is installed
(desktop task). This needs a fix in Xorg which is expected within the
next week or so.

Cheers,
FJP