Re: preseed/late_command Question

On 12/30/2005 02:38 PM, Frans Pop wrote:
> This should probably be fairly easy now by adding an extra custom
> generator in apt-setup/generators.

Thanks for the response, I'll be checking out the code next!

I assume if I do end up make my own generator rule that I will have to
provide it to the installing client somehow. Just out of curiousity, do
you (or anyone else on the list) run network installers with two apt
sources layered together like I am trying to do?

I really like maintaining a local, pristine copy of the Debian
repository (yeah rsync!) and then have a completely seperate repostiory
for our custom / superceding packages. This works great post-install,
since I can just add another apt source. Howeverm, it has been
problematic for me to integrate installer customizations without having
to hack them into our copy of the Debian installer repository. Am I
crazy for wanting to do it like this? How do you do it? Is there some
simpler 'Debian way' for setting up a custom network installer?

Tony