Re: Debian partman-auto

wrote:
> > Is Partman-auto able to partionned logical disk more than 1 tera
> > byte?(using Raid5 Sata  of 1.2TO) Because I have an error message
> > saying that no root file system are mounted. If my logical drive is
> > under 1 Tera Debian Sarge automated install process with a preseed
> > file  is working fine.
> >
> > Maybe a partman-auto limitation?
>
> No, there is no limitation of 1TB in the design of partman-auto.

Ah. That reminds me I meant to reply to this...

Partman has no limit, but the msdos disklabel does. However, that limit is
2TB, so should not affect you.
Partman was modified fairly recently to use the gpt disklabel for disks
larger than 2TB. This feature is currently only available in the daily
builds of the installer though.

Cheers,
FJP