Re: r33194 - in trunk/packages/hw-detect: . debian

On Saturday 24 December 2005 17:23, Colin Watson wrote:
> Log:
> * If d-i is using pcmciautils-udeb instead of pcmcia-cs-udeb (needed on
>   2.6.13 kernels), then install pcmciautils rather than pcmcia-cs.

Hmm. This change and the changes in pkg-lists appear break compatibility
with 2.6.12.

As there is still no 2.6.14 kernel in testing, I wonder if this is not
premature. There are still fairly important issues with the new initrd
generators. If it takes too long to resolve those, we may want to release
beta2 with 2.6.12 after all (although I'd very much prefer 2.6.14/15).