Bug#106875: marked as done (base-config should offer network configuration)
Your message dated Wed, 21 Dec 2005 14:02:22 -0800
with message-id <E1EpC2Q-0002f6-F0@spohr.debian.org>
and subject line Bug#106875: fixed in base-config 2.75
has caused the attached Bug report to be marked as done.
This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.
(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what I am
talking about this indicates a serious mail system misconfiguration
somewhere. Please contact me immediately.)
Debian bug tracking system administrator
(administrator, Debian Bugs database)
Received: (at submit) by bugs.debian.org; 28 Jul 2001 06:14:00 +0000
>From email@example.com Sat Jul 28 01:14:00 2001
Received: from h24-76-98-250.vc.shawcable.net (straylight.cyberhqz.com) [::ffff:22.214.171.124]
by master.debian.org with esmtp (Exim 3.12 1 (Debian))
id 15QNMN-0000Tj-00; Sat, 28 Jul 2001 01:13:59 -0500
Received: from cyberhq.internal.cyberhqz.com (rmurray@cyberhq [192.168.0.2])
by straylight.cyberhqz.com (8.9.3/8.9.3/Debian 8.9.3-21) with SMTP id XAA13473;
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 23:13:59 -0700
X-Authentication-Warning: straylight.cyberhqz.com: Host rmurray@cyberhq [192.168.0.2] claimed to be cyberhq.internal.cyberhqz.com
Received: by cyberhq.internal.cyberhqz.com (sSMTP sendmail emulation); Fri, 27 Jul 2001 23:13:58 -0700
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 23:13:58 -0700
From: Ryan Murray <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: base-config: apt configuration problem
X-Mailer: bug 3.3.9
base-config is configured after a successful install of a Debian system.
Apt configuration is asked (and verified) at this point in time. As
networking may not yet be setup, the test can fail (with an apt failure
to resolve, if the resolv.conf file is missing nameservers). There is no
option to continue on without selecting an apt source (besides manual
editing), and no way to drop to a shell to maybe fix the problem (other than
through starting the editor and shelling out from it).
This will be very confusing for a new user. Base-config should probably
do some sort of networking setup, and at the very least allow the user to
continue and setup their apt sources later (if they configure the network
Received: (at 106875-close) by bugs.debian.org; 21 Dec 2005 22:12:21 +0000
>From email@example.com Wed Dec 21 14:12:21 2005
Received: from katie by spohr.debian.org with local (Exim 4.50)
id 1EpC2Q-0002f6-F0; Wed, 21 Dec 2005 14:02:22 -0800
From: Joey Hess <firstname.lastname@example.org>
X-Katie: $Revision: 1.65 $
Subject: Bug#106875: fixed in base-config 2.75
Sender: Archive Administrator <email@example.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 14:02:22 -0800
X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 2.60-bugs.debian.org_2005_01_02
(1.212-2003-09-23-exp) on spohr.debian.org
X-Spam-Status: No, hits=-5.2 required=4.0 tests=BAYES_00,HAS_BUG_NUMBER,
We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of
base-config, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive:
A summary of the changes between this version and the previous one is
Thank you for reporting the bug, which will now be closed. If you
have further comments please address them to firstname.lastname@example.org,
and the maintainer will reopen the bug report if appropriate.
Debian distribution maintenance software
Joey Hess <email@example.com> (supplier of updated base-config package)
(This message was generated automatically at their request; if you
believe that there is a problem with it please contact the archive
administrators by mailing firstname.lastname@example.org)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 15:55:07 -0500
Architecture: source all
Maintainer: Debian Install System Team <email@example.com>
Changed-By: Joey Hess <firstname.lastname@example.org>
base-config - Debian base system configurator
Closes: 106875 228839 228839 240700 242718 245164 245164 246880 247037 256315 259871 265908 267242 275543 276638 299554 341130 341456 343844 344055
base-config (2.75) unstable; urgency=low
The "death march" release.
[ Joey Hess ]
* Adjust section to match overrides.
[ Colin Watson ]
* Exclude backup files and files under debian/ from the po build system,
and make sure executables are processed in a consistent order to avoid
lots of diff noise.
* Copy passwd/username, so that e.g. exim4-config still works after user
configuration moves to d-i (closes: #341130).
[ Joey Hess ]
* Remove the passwd reconfiguration code, user-setup handles this now in
* Clean up the intro message to not mention stuff that the ever-shrinking
base-config no longer does.
[ Translations ]
* add Bengali translations (Progga <progga@BengaLinux.Org>)
* Updated Brazilian Portuguese translation.
* Updated French translation.
* Updated Galician translation.
* Updated Spanish translation.
* Updated Czech translation.
* Updated Vietnamese translation. Closes: #343844
* Updated Swedish translation. Closes: #344055
[ Man pages translations ]
* Updated Spanish. Closes: #341456
[ Joey Hess ]
* Drop debconf/priority propigation from d-i as d-i no longer propigates it.
Closes: #228839, #245164
* Depends on debconf 1.4.61, since this is the first version to default
the priority to high, which is the priority we need with this change.
Closes: #228839, #245164
* Remove debconf-seed menu item, mostly, taken over by preseed 1.11.
NOTE NOTE NOTE: This means that base-config/early_command is removed.
* Remove base-config/late_command too, for consistency.
* pkgsel moved into a udeb. Closes: #240700, #242718, #256315, #259871
* MTA reconfiguration is not necessary with current debootstrap, since
no MTA is installed as part of the base system, so the user will see the
MTA question as usual if their task selection/whatever causes a MTA to be
* The pon menu item is not useful, since base-config no longer accesses the
net to install packages. Closes: #299554
* Remove GDM language fixup code, since bug #265101 got fixed.
* base-config no longer does anything with the network.
Closes: #106875, #265908, #267242
* Some other bugs that no longer apply due to removed code in base-config:
Closes: #246880, #275543
* Remove d-i debconf variable copying code, now handled by pkgsel.
* base-config program left in for compatability with old d-i's and such for
now, but it's essentially a no-op and everything has moved into d-i.
(d-i also still uses validlocale from this package for now.)
Next step will be removing this package entirely...
821a20ab99da54a61878d4ff0a4ee857 719 admin important base-config_2.75.dsc
864dfc590cde6a431ff4894791c24921 306255 admin important base-config_2.75.tar.gz
89ce93bee33c4e8891de50f62279283b 101628 admin important base-config_2.75_all.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----