Fw: boot stopped after ieee1394

concern:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2005/12/msg00738.html

Thanks to FJP, for the quick answer.

>From the [1] section, starting the installation with
"install debian-installer/probe/usb=false" was the key
of the success.
But after the reboot, it doesn't work and I had to
mention on the GRUB, the parameter "nousb".

To avoid from disturbing you, is it possible to
mention on the boot log the command that WILL be
excute, so it can help me to see on which command the
boot proccess is blocked ?

Best regards.

On Saturday 17 December 2005 14:50, m v wrote:
>  I have downloaded yesterday on the page
>  http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/
>  the "etch beta 1" and the "daily built images", for
the "netinst CD
> image", for the i386 architecture. I had burn two
CD.
>  I tried to boot with the two CD, but the boot
process is stopped after
> the kernel message on the console 4, which I
accessed with the
> ALT+CTRL+F4 :
> "kernel: ieee1394: Host added: ID: BUS[0-00:1023]
GUID[00301bb00000080f]

We really need more lines from the log to be able to
help, but I suggest
you read this [1] section of the installation guide.

You can also try booting with 'install noapic nolapic'
or to disable USB
for the installer. See the F6 and F8 help screens at
the boot prompt.

Cheers,
FJP

[1]http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/ch05s03.html#i386-boot-problems