Re: Debian Installer team monthly meeting minutes (20051214 meeting)

(dropped -devel)

Quoting Marco d'Itri (md@Linux.IT):

> No. This will happen no matter how the system was installed, because
> modules are loaded concurrently and the first one to finish its setup
> wins. This applies to the /dev/cdrom and similar links on systems with
> multiple CD readers too.
> The solution so far appears to be writing a rules file which will
> statically assign the names.

Marco, you're probably highly busy elsewhere, but I'm under the
feeling that at least a temporary help, for a few weeks, by yourself,
to the D-I team, in sorting out issues related directly and indirectly
to udev would be a great benefit for all of us.

Do you think that would be possible?

PS: I personnally have no clue of all this stuff, only being the
original reporter for the meeting....but I do not represent the whole
D-I team skills..:)