Re: Boot-time script to disable DFB's HW acceleration

On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 10:17:30PM +0100, Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:
> i think the blacklist option is the best choice if we want to support
> testing of DFB accelerated modules among debian users.
> Otherwise we could simply disable DFB's hw acceleration by adding
> "no-hardware" to etc/directfbrc from rootskel-gtk package, but this
> wouldn't allow a widespread testing of DFB's accelerated funcionalities.

What about :

dfb/accel=(yes|no|good|bad), with shortcuts/aliases as follows :

  dfb/noaccel -> same as dfb/accel=no
  dfb/accel -> same as dfb/accel=yes
  dfb/accel=enabled -> same as dfb/accel=yes
  dfb/accel=true -> same as dfb/accel=yes
  dfb/accel=disabled -> same as dfb/accel=no
  dfb/accel=false -> same as dfb/accel=no

where yes/no are forcible disabling/enabling of the accel, and good or bad are
parsing of the good or bad list respecitvely ?

In addition of a dfb/accel_good="list of good fbdevs" and dfb/accel_bad="list
of bad fbdevs".

This may seem overkill, but may allow for more finegrained selection in case
of preseeding, which i think is good.

Friendly,

Sven Luther