Missing the logic behind DEBCONF_PRIORITY

Hi All,

	what is the logic behind DEBCONF_PRIORITY?

	I run a manual install with DEBCONF_PRIORITY=low, derive a
preseed file from the result, and then run a automatic install with
the preseeded file with DEBCONF_PRIORITY=critical. This results
in the 'detail' questions not being used in the install.

	I'm missing a critical point here and would apreciate it very
much if someone would explain the error of my ways.

Sincerely,

Jan.