RE: No partitionable Disks found

How do I turn off the raid stuff
John

-----Original Message-----
From: Lennart Sorensen [mailto:lsorense@csclub.uwaterloo.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 2:42 PM
To: John Galatti
Cc: 'Giuseppe Sacco'; debian-boot@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: No partitionable Disks found

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 02:07:35PM -0500, John Galatti wrote:
> Leonard
> The raid controller is promise fasttrak tx2300(tm)  I am in contact with
> promise company.  What questions should I ask them
>
> The sata_promise driver does not work and the sata_sil  does not work

sata_sil is for SiL controllers, so no it shouldn't work.  The
sata_promise handles many sata controllers from promise, but apparently
not this one yet.  Must be too new.  The TX cards may actually be
hardware raid, unfortunately promise hardly counts as an open source
friendly company (at least not in the past) so I have no idea when (or
if) that card will work.  Given it is a two port card, it is like just a
fakeraid card.  It would probably work with sata_promise if it knew the
pci id.  It might already work if the card had its "raid" stuff turned
off.

Len Sorensen