From: Lennart Sorensen [mailto:lsorense@csclub.uwaterloo.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 12:14 PM
To: John Galatti
Cc: 'Giuseppe Sacco'; debian-boot@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: No partitionable Disks found

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 11:08:59AM -0500, John Galatti wrote:
> Guiseppe
> As per your suggestion I booted knoppix  and ran lspci and lspci -n
>
> Output lspci
>
> 0000:02:09.0 Raid Bus Controller: Promise Technology: unknown device 3570

Well certainly 2.6.14 doesn't know what that card is.  I suspect it
might be either way too new, or it is a fakeraid card, and disabling the
fake raid turns it into a supported sata controller instead.

In fact I can't find your card mentioned on google at all, so it must be
pretty new or very unusual.  What is this card?  What model?  Certainly
isn't supported yet given noone has apparently seen one before now.

Len Sorensen