Re: Templates for handling UID-related questions in user-setup

Quoting Joey Hess (joeyh@debian.org):

> This is an excellent use case for preseed files delivered by dhcp. With
> that, you could configure your companie's dhcp server to serve a preseed
> file that deduces the correct UID and preseeds the hidden question to
> use it. :-)

Sure. And I think we can find a few other cases so we seem to agree
that keeping this at least for preseeded installs is worth it.

And, well, adding the code around this to make it interactive does not
seem *that* hard (again the main drawback is the load on translators).