Re: installing packages within a progress bar, redux

> This is a first draft (in the form of a man page) of a design for that
> helper program, working name 'apt-debconf-progress'.

If I read the manpage correctly, this will generate separate apt-get calls
for each package (or pseudo-package) you want installed.

Isn't going to create a huge overhead of reading the database, checking
status and writing the database? On slower systems that could really hit
installation time.

Cheers,
FJP