Re: build error gtk/gdk

Xavier Oswald wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to compile the D-I with a personnal gparted udeb package.
I think the version of gtk using by the installer with dfbgtk is 2.0.x
and i'm using the version 2.6.x.

I have this error :
Object: ./tmp/gtk-miniiso/tree/usr/lib/libdirect-0.9.so.22.0.0
Object:
./tmp/gtk-miniiso/tree/usr/lib/directfb-0.9.22/gfxdrivers/libdirectfb_mach64.so
5742 symbols, 897 unresolved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/mklibs", line 442, in ?
      raise "No library provides non-weak " + symbol
		No library provides non-weak gdk_pixbuf_format_get_mime_types
		make[2]: *** [stamps/tree-gtk-miniiso-stamp] Erreur 1
		make[1]: *** [_build] Erreur 2
		make: *** [build_gtk-miniiso] Erreur 2

I don't know if this symbol is in the actual version of gtk using by
dfb.. ??

Can someone help me ?

actually GTKDFB 2.0.9 is used for "official" alpha miniiso and will be for some time still since GTKDFB 2.8.3 is based on many components that have not yet been packaged (cairodfb, slim) and needs major revision by its maintainer, mike emmel. gdk_pixbuf_format_get_mime_types() was introduced in GTK 2.6, so it's not supported by GTKDFB 2.0.9 and no surprise gparted doesn't compile. You need to build a set of GTKDFB 2.8.3 libs as described in http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstallerGUIBuild and compile gparted agains them. If you want i can point you to a precompiled set of libs and all the needed files to create a miniiso that includes GTKDFB 2.8.3 (like https://debian.polito.it/downloads/mini_gtkdfb_2_8_3.iso). Anyway having in perspective gparted packed into d-i is another good reason for the GTKDFB port to exist and be mantained.
Let's keep in touch and feel free to ask if you need help in GTKDFB.

Attilio