Re: (forw) The graphical Debian Installer for Arabic

> I'm afraid it is. I saw something of your troubles on IRC, but only when I
> got home from work. The people there were right: it is not directly
> related to the build, but rather to your main system.
> The dependency checks for d-i builds are weird: they involve both the
> udebs and the main system. The logs always show packages on the main
> system being removed, although in the end nothing happens.
> It is something we need to look into sometime as it can be very confusing.
>
> I know that tetex-bin/texinfo is problematic at the moment in unstable.

Yes. This is actually a problem in installation consistency of your
main system.

Maybe try "apt-get dist-upgrade" to solve out any uninstallable
packages problems.

I remember getting the exact same problem with messages about tetex
stuff when trying to build D-I about one week ago.

(These things are still somewhat mysterious for me even after more than
2 years working on D-I...but that is not a scoop: there are lots of
areas in Debian where I'm a complete fool.)