Re: Should installing system (/) to RAID/LVM2 work?

2 листопада 2005 о 12:32 +0100 Steffen Kaiser написав(-ла):
> /dev/hda1 /boot ext3 (marked as bootable)
>
> the other hard disks placed into RAID and put a LVM2 on it.
> I created a volume in the LVM pool and mounted it:
>
> /dev/mapper/raid5-system / ext3
>
> The installation failes after unpacking the kernel images during mkinitrd
> with this error (well it's not the exact wording):
>
> mkinitrd: redirect error cannot duplicate fd: Too many open files
> kernel-image-2.6.8-2-386
> exit status 255

It is probably a bug in mkinitrd, please report it there.

> Well, I wonder to install the system onto raid/lvm should work, when /boot
> resides on a native, bootable partition, isn't it?
Yes, it should work, but probably not too many people tried to install
on RAID5 :(

--
Eugeniy Meshcheryakov

Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University
Information and Computing Centre
http://icc.univ.kiev.ua