Re: Translations of apt-setup Ubuntu generator?

> these to the translation infrastructure. Would translators be annoyed at
> being asked to translate some Ubuntu strings along with the rest of d-i,
> or would it be OK to add these to the d-i master files since they're
> relatively similar to other templates in apt-setup? I made sure to put
> comments saying "# This template is used by the Ubuntu version of d-i."
> above each template so that translators would be able to see what's
> what.

>From what I know of translators, most of them/us will not bother and
will just happily translate the new strings.

I suggest you post a short message to -i18n, explaining the
situation. However, I bet that near 100% of the translators will be
OK.

PS: I often explain to translators that their work also ends up in
derived distributions, often taking Ubuntu as example because it's the
best well known. Most of us are mor ethan happy that uour work
benefits to as much peoplle as possible, of course.