Debian installer daily build for 10-25-05 fails to install

Did you folks know that there is a problem with the daily iso build
of the testing installer for 10-25-05; for the i386 build?

I tried it on two different platforms; it comes up with the same
error; it could not install the initrd-tools package. The
description of the error was not clear; all it says is that
it is exiting on error base-installer/kernel/failed-package-install.

I  tried running dpkg, but dpkg could not be found. What does the
installer use if dpkg is not there? I wanted to try to do the
installation of the initrd-tools manually to see what the error
was.

Thanks

Mark Allyn