Re: Re: Usability issues for the GTK graphical frontend, categorized and updated list

On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 09:09:22AM +0200, Viti Davide wrote:
> Hi
>
> > Just a quick note, i don't know about the vga=xxx stuff, but most real
> > framebuffer devices (like radeonfb, the most used on powerpc) use a
> different
> > syntax : video=radeonfb:800x600-8@60 or to be more exact :
>
> Could this be the reason why Eddy can't get the graphical installer to
> work on his powerpc?

No idea. what powerpc do i have, and are there prebuilt mini-isos or somethign
available for me to test ? Also, what machine his Eddy using and what graphic
card ?

but yes, if he tries passing vga=xxx command line arguments, he is in for a
world of hurts :) (err, actually no, it probably will be ignored silently :).

Friendly,

Sven Luther