Re: Usability issues for the GTK graphical frontend, categorized and updated list

I've taken some screenshot of the graphical installer after including Eduard Silva's logo and moving the help area above the questions to illustrate the issues i've talked about in my previous mail

-https://debian.polito.it/downloads/gtk_bad_rtl.png
here you can see that text lines inside GTKTreeView are not displayed RTL as they shoul and as they are in other parts of the screen

-https://debian.polito.it/downloads/gtk_blank_lines.png
here you can see how keeping blank lines inside help area "pushes" the question too much down, in the bottom area of the screen. This is the reason why i was thinking about simply not displaying blank lines inside help area.

-https://debian.polito.it/downloads/gtk_partman.png
Here you can see the partman's main menu: note that the question's description is very long and exceeds screen's width. After some thinking i realized that GTKLabel widgets (used to display descriptions to questions) can also wrap lines - why i so often neglect to read GTK's API docs :( - , so i'll simply use gtk_label_set_line_wrap() to make long text be wrapped around. This way we won't have to modify partman's templates (so forget about the corresponding point in my previous email).

I also think the text inside the help area should be bold as is in the label used to display the question's description, so that the final user sees them as an unique block of text.

One last thing: integrity check of miniiso ISO image always fails, is this expected since it's built on a still semi-hacy way or not?

ciao

Attilio