Re: partman-auto-lvm patches

On Thursday 20 October 2005 11:16, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> pal still use parted as backend, so if parted is aware of these kind of
> details it should be no issue.

Well, it does not.
But I saw later in your mail that pal normally creates an (ext3) /boot
partition? If that is put first, there should be no problem.

There are two other issues on sparc though. No idea how relevant they are:
- disk used for booting needs to be Sun disklabel;
- partition 3 needs to be "whole disk" partition.

Both these issues are supported by parted and current partman-auto recipes
though, so it should be possible to take them into account.

I guess the best layout for sparc would be:
- partition 1: /boot
- partition 2: LVM
- partition 3: whole disk
- partition 4: swap
(Or would it be better to have swap first, near the start of the disk?)