debian-installer suggestion

I have used the debian installer and I am impressed. When I think of a painless install, I think freebsd. The debian installer is comparable to freebsd's sysinstall in many ways. I only see one area for improvement: Speed. An express install with sysinstall can be accomplished in as little as five minutes and I'd like to see the debian installer on par with that time frame. Otherwise, I haven't yet really had the chance to sink my teeth into debian. I'm patiently awaiting etch release for sata support. I attempted to install the testing branch, but the debian installer is not yet recognizing my sata. I am suspecting that apt is going to offer much improved binary support, with respect to the freebsd ports collection. Please direct replies to me, as I am not subscribed.