Re: Graphical frontend: some screenshots

Quoting Davide Viti (zinosat@tiscali.it):
> In the last few weeks the graphical frontend for the d-i has gone from
> a set of hacky tarballs to a set of nearly-only udebs.
> During the last couple of days Frans worked on putting together and
> configuring a reasonable set of fonts and here is the result:
>
> http://www.webalice.it/zinosat/20051013_1.jpg
> http://www.webalice.it/zinosat/20051013_2.jpg
> http://www.webalice.it/zinosat/20051013_3.jpg

So nice.....and bringing a few comments:

-the "level 3" languages are not here because of localechooser test
 not being accurate. This is supposedly fixed in localechooser 0.19
 which will reach unstable today

-We should find a way to align the localised names of
languages. Probably tricky because we use a variable width font.

-"The choices list below is restricted to languages which may be
displayed on your current terminal"....and the list is actually *above*. I'm
culprit here: the wording is incorrect and makes assumptions about the
debconf interface which is B.A.D. behaviour (I'm always nagging
package maintainers about this). I'm afraid I have to change this
slightly. I'm for instance not sure about the verb "may" in this
context.

"Choices list only languages that can be displayed on your current
terminal." might be better...