Re: Debian Installer build problem

Can you please try a later installer? 20050317 seems a very long time
ago, prior to Sarge release. You are probably getting conflicts because
you are using an old slang1 (etch builder, currently being prepare for
beta release, uses slang2) and a libnewt-pic built against slang2

You would have more success with a more modern release. I will add a
dependency on the next release of newt to avoid this error.

Regards
Alastair