Re: call for features

On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 12:36:12AM +0200, Joey Hess wrote:
> The current state of d-i in unstable (and hopefully soon in testing)
> seems to be nearly releasable now to me. Most remaining issues only
> prevent some arches from being releasable yet.
>
> So I'd like to know if there are any d-i features that are not turned on
> yet that you want to see in the beta release. Certianly a demo graphical
> installer image even if not built entirely cleanly. Maybe something like
> partman-crypto or partman-auto-lvm.

[sorry for the late answer]

I think partman-crypto is not quite ready for a beta yet. The code
should be OK and has been tested in regular installs for the last few
weeks, but there are some components still missing from the archive.

Mainly, these are the gnupg-udeb (#nnn), uuencode from busybox-udeb
(could be using a stand-alone version), cdebconf-newt-entropy (needs
some infrastructure to build outside the cdebconf tree, perhaps I can
work on it this weekend), and the loop-aes kernel module packages
(package finished, pending small changes in loop-aes-source and upload)

Due to these missing dependencies I've not uploaded partman-crypto
udebs so far. My feeling tells me (please correct) that it makes not
much sense to have the package in the archive with unfulfilled deps,
and similar for including it in a beta.

cheers,
Max