Re: how to build the libs for the GTK fe

Davide Viti wrote:
Hi,
I started working on the documentation we discussed during the meeting
on #debian-boot; here's a minimum set of instructions that you can use
to build everything.  I'm sure this is enough for experienced people,
so it probably makes sense to post this asap so everybody can get
ready to try Frans' script as soon as it's ready. I never used the
wiki page, so when I tried to past this in the DebianInstallerGUIBuild
I created, the result was a disaster. Please review it and poin out
mistakes/things which need to explain better

ciao,
Davide

(rest of message omitted)

Davide, i think a more appropriate topic for this would be "How to build a GTK 2.8 set of libraries". I plan to addd infos on the fact that ATM we're stuck with GTK 2.0 while we wait for GTK 2.8 to become available/stable. People may not know what's the BIG difference between GTK 2.0 and 2.8 and hence not unerstand what's the problem in building a gtk.so. I plan to add general notes on the gtk frontend and on the status of the GTK libs with DFB backend.
Anyway your document is very detailed and useful.

ciao

attilio