GTK DBF IRC meeting (was: GTK DBF - Automatic build infrastructure)

(Including full message as I think it should go to the list)

On Saturday 24 September 2005 10:12, Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:
> Hi frans
>
> this is nice and useful: i'm sorry today i'll be out all day long and
> probably without a internet connection since i wauld be pleased to
> understand how to regulary build iso images.

Let's try to set up an IRC meeting some time next week. How about next
Wednesday (28 Sept) at 19:00 UTC?

> anyway gtk.c needs the Makefile to be modified this way to compile
> against GTKDFB instead of GTKX
>
> -MODCFLAGS=`pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0`
> -MODLDFLAGS=`pkg-config --libs gtk+-2.0`
> +MODCFLAGS=`pkg-config --cflags gtk+-directfb-2.0`
> +MODLDFLAGS=`pkg-config --libs gtk+-directfb-2.0`
>
> shall i update
>
> http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/d-i/trunk/packages/cdebconf/src/modules/fron
>tend/gtk/Makefile?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

I don't think that change can be made by itself; for that change to work
properly, you would also have to modify the build dependencies. As there
are no gtk+-directfb-2.0 libs in the archive, I don't think this change
should be made.

> maybe adding some infos on how to differently compile inan X or DFB
> environement?

It would be very good if this could be documented on a WIKI page.

> thanks
>
> attilio
>
> Frans Pop wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've managed to set up a basic infrastructure in installer/build to
> > allow daily builds of a "graphical mini.iso" with 2.6 kernel for
> > i386. The changes are currently in a personal branch [1] in the
> > repository.
(deleted rest of the original message)