#328387, #328390 (SunBlade 1500)

Target machine: SunBlade 1500 (quantity: 16)

As documented in my Wednesday installation reports, I've been having
some trouble with the SPARC netinst CD, both Sarge and testing (Etch?).

The 2.4.27 kernel used in Sarge netinst fails to boot ("Cannot find
timer chip"), and there's no 2.6 alternative on the disc.

Wednesday's Etch netinst boots alright but fails to install the base
system.  The debootstrap log is zero bytes long.

Is there any reason to believe that the Sep 16 netinst CD will work
better?

I would prefer for the installed system to be running Sarge.  Forgive my
lack of Debian expertise, but how would I tell the Etch netinst CD not
to install Etch?  Edit /preseed.cfg?

This evening I'll try to get access to the lab so I can make another
attempt.  If at that time I can't get Debian to work I'll be forced to
use Solaris, and I will not be happy about that.

--
Andy Goth  +  unununium@openverse.com  +  http://ioioio.net/