Re: [Debian-in-workers] Re: GTK frontend update and maybe time for an experimental netinst cd?

Quoting Frans Pop (aragorn@tiscali.nl):

> I would think the graphical installer will only be supported for for
> systems with >x RAM and for CD-based installations (and maybe netboot
> installations, but then IMO it would have to be a separate image).

The main interest of having a netboot would probably be an easier way
to test daily changes. As you of course know, netboot images are the
easiest to built for developers...

About the amount of RAM: of course we could say that the graphical
installer will be available only for systems with more than xMo of
RAM.

After all, real use of the languages targeted by the graphical
installer will anyway require graphical environments which also
require a quite significant amount of RAM.

In short, having 128Mb as a minimum for the graphical installer
doesn't seem a crazy target to me.