Re: Linux 2.6.12-6 uploaded and built on all arches, waiting testing migration and futur upload plan.

On Sat, Sep 10, 2005 at 12:18:50PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Sven Luther wrote:
> > So, the installer needs to be fixed ASAP.
>
> Getting a useable kernel into testing is a prerequsite for making the
> installer use it, not the other way around.

sure, will happen as soon as it gets hinted in.

> In other words, the changes you recently made to base-installer for
> powerpc to make it install the new kernel that is not in testing yet
> just caused pain for me and fjp as now we need to track that as another
> issue that's broken the installer, and cannot get much useful powerpc
> test data until it's fixed.
> (http://wiki.debian.net/?DebianInstallerEtchBeta1Prep)

Bah, that was not the only thing broken back then. Also, i asked you about the
ability to detect if we are installing sarge or etch/sid.

The good news is that now that the kernel is unified, and we can create a
single logic file for all architectures in kernel-installer, and it would be
nice if we were able to use the old code to install sarge, and a new unified
code for the etch/sid kernels.

Friendly,

Sven Luther