Re: Language "categories" for localechooser

> Let's keep this limited to English and not add other languages that also
> qualify "by accident".

I object to this exxagerated importance given to the English
language. If our numerous Tagalog users of s390 can actually install
with their language, why refuse them this?

I'm half serious saying this, of course. On one hand, I really thinks
"after all, why not?". On the other hand, I think about the bug
reports we could have of people finding quite strange the language
list in these environments..:-)

So, OK for only C and English in type-0 environments.

> I think the proper test would be: arch=s390 or "serial console". This
> means that [ "$TERM" = "dumb" || "$TERM_TYPE" = "serial" ] should work.
>
> Note: the existing tests for serial console are in need of improvement
> (see #221602 and #287932).

Hmmm, serial consoles are often 8bit clean. I seem to remember that
the only sparc32 install I ever made was done in French with the woody
installer, and went quite well with Latin-1 characters.

But, well, let's do a first try with [ "$TERM" = "dumb" ||
"$TERM_TYPE" = "serial" ]...

I wonder how I can test this in VmWare. "linux TERM=dumb" at boot prompt?