Re: autopartkit with preseed

On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 03:44:13PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Hm, my preseed doesn't specify anything special for anna modules:
> >
> > anna anna/choose_modules multiselect baseconfig-udeb, openssh-client-udeb
>
> I guess that since baseconfig-udeb indirectly depends on partman |
> autopartkit, the resolver makes a choice at random here and picks the
> one you don't want.

I tried forcing partman with:

anna   anna/choose_modules   multiselect partman-udeb, partman-auto-udeb, baseconfig-udeb, openssh-client-udeb

but it didn't change anything (autopartkit still runs). I also tried
removing baseconfig-udeb, but that didn't make a difference, either.

Here's the syslog from when I commented out the preseed's
anna/choose_modules and loaded only openssh-client-udeb when asked
interactively:

http://horde.net/~jwm/debian/syslog-no-baseconfig

Choosing no modules at all makes no difference, either - I just needed
scp(1) to copy the syslog off the machine.

If the resolver is pulling in autopartkit as a dependency, I'm not sure
where it's getting it from - the syslog doesn't show the resolver accepting
autopartkit-udeb anywhere.

john
--
John Morrissey          _o            /\         ----  __o