Bug#325780: Package: installation-reports
On Tuesday 30 August 2005 22:29, Brendan Sleight wrote:
> After boot up base system I had to exit to shell and run the command
> dhclient eth0
So configuring the network during the initial installation (before the
reboot) went without problems?
> I still have to run dhclient after boot-up.
Something must be going wrong during the boot sequence.
- Is the driver module that is needed for the network card loaded after
you boot, but before you run dhclient?
- Does the network connection work correctly if you do (as root):
- /etc/init.d/networking stop
- /etc/init.d/networking start
- What are the contents of /etc/network/interfaces?
Have you looked at the output of dmesg and the contents
of /var/log/kern.log and /var/log/syslog for any clues what may be going